Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Greene's second statement

Lisa Greene's second statement to police given January 13, 2006 before she was arrested.



This is the statement of Lisa Louise Greene. I have been advised of my rights by Detective Kevin Pfister and I agree to give this statement voluntarily. This statement is being written by Special Agent Charles Gent in my words. I have asked Agent Gent to write this for me.



On the night my house burned, I woke up in the middle of the night. I was groggy from some drowsy pills. My kids take a pill like that too and they both took them around 8. I had been asleep on the recliner and woke up for some reason, I don't know why. I went back to my daughter's bedroom. I had my blanket around me. My blanket is a woven blanket with some kids pouring lemonade.



I checked on my kids. Daniel was on the floor asleep. Daniel's head was near the kitchen playset. Addison was asleep in the bed. The candle I lit earlier was still burning. They was both asleep. When I turned I caught my blanket on fire. I walked out of the bedroom and closed the door. I think the kids had the door closed earlier but I closed it back.



I dropped my blanket down by the bookcase. I may have put my foot down to put it out but I don't know it all seemed like a dream.



I left it lying there and I went back to the recliner. I don't know how long I was there. I was pretty tired from playing with the kids all day. I wanna say the smoke detector went off. The television was on. There was a lot of smoke and there was fire back there. I saw a bunch of fire on the bookcase. I think maybe it was halfway burned. I looked I think then at the microwave, which said 1:15 or 1:16. It usually gives good time.



I think I burned my foot when I went back there the second time to see what the fire was and how bad. I burned it near the hall. Something felt like it wanted to stick to my foot. It was so smokey.



I went out the door. I did grab my purse on the table by the door. I go outside. I did fall coming down. It seemed like a dream. It seemed like something that shouldn't be happening.



I didn't fall because of my foot being burned, I didn't burn it that bad.



I picked my self back up there at the steps. I tripped again over by the picnic table. The phone fell out. I picked it back up. I kept walking and I fumbled with my phone to get the clip off. Then I dropped it again.



The first time I fell, I just laid there crying for a few minutes before I got up. I was coughing, I couldn't catch my breath. I panicked.



I guess it was 5 or 10 minutes. My house was already smokey. Nothing was functioning in my head. I was lying there thinking what happened, what did I do wrong and this can't be happening.



I go up and started walking fast while I tried to get the clip off my phone. I go down toward Phillip and Tamara's house. I kept screaming Phillip. I laid on my stomach. Between the two pine trees I dropped my phone.



I look for my phone not even a minute. I couldn't see it. I gave up looking and kept going down the hill. I fell again because I just couldn't handle it. I was right near the lady across the street's dog pen. The dogs kept barking. I think when I got to that point, I passed out. I know I came to and saw a bright flashlight, it was a lady.



I don't think I yelled for help at all until I saw that lady with the flashlight. I was trying to get to Phillip and Tamara's house so they could hear me. The lady went up to me and I told her, I said, I need help. She was across at the dog pen. I didn't tell her there was a fire. I said get the phone, call 911, I need some help.



I started crawling to Phillip's car and I called for help. Then she came back and put me on 911 and that's was the end of it. I'm sorry. I always felt like this was a dream.

No comments: